Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year and New Projects!!

Happy New Year to all!! I have been so fortunate to have two weeks off around the holidays and, during this time, I have had some extra time to do some papercrafting. One of the things I did was to make some gifts for friends and family. I would love to take credit for the following two designs, but I cannot. The first project was inspired by a fellow CTMH consultant - Kelly Rizzo. She made one of these Write On Wipe Off Memo Boards and I received it in a gift swap at a CTMH holiday party back in December. I decided to take Kelly's basic design and tweaked a couple parts to make it my own. One thing I did was to use the CTMH November Stamp of the Month (Around the Block) to stamp the house in the bottom right corner. Since I gave this exact board to my neighbors (the Bowers family) for a Christmas gift and we live in a townhome community, I thought this house stamp was perfect!


This second project was inspired by a very talented papercrafter whom I met at a local craft fair back in October. Her name is Sonja Peake and she makes beautiful papercrafts including cards and gift items. The two memo boards below have magnets on the back so that they can be placed on a refrigerator or could be attached to a metal desk/file cabinet at work. I basically copied Sonja's design, but added my own touch with CTMH papers and by stamping the recipient's name to personalize the gift. Also, there is the option of including a pen with a matching paper insert.

1 comment: