Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

When I was a little girl, my favorite movie was the Wizard of Oz.  I can remember watching it every year when it came on TV.  Now, my daughter enjoys watching it too!  A few months back, I found some Wizard of Oz scrapbook papers (Paper House Productions) and I just knew that I had to use them to decorate one of the cigar boxes I had stashed away.  When my daughter saw the box I made, she asked if she could keep it, and of course I said "yes".  She has filled it with a bunch of knick-knacks and it sits on top of her dresser.  I've since made a second box, using the same Wizard of Oz papers; it is pictured below.  For this box, I did something a little different where I stacked some buttons to make a handle.  I also used a Close To My Heart stamp to stamp the sentiment "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  On the inside lid, I made a pocket where I tucked in a die cut of Dorothy and another one of the Wicked Witch.  It was really fun making this box and I'm so glad it fits in with this week's Monday Challenge:  Mythology/Inspired by a Story over at the Simon Says Stamp blog.  Check it out!












4 comments:

  1. super love this! my fave movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet keepsake and best movie EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute box. Love the picture and all the colors which make the box so full of happiness. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete