Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2018

A Trio of Coasters

I started making resin-covered coasters last year.  I buy the ceramic tiles at Home Depot and then apply scrapbook paper to them using Mod Podge.  Sometimes, I stamp an image on them too.  After I've glued on the paper and stamped an image, I apply another two layers of Mod Podge before I finish with a layer of resin.  This way, they have a glass-like appearance and are waterproof.  I also put a square of self-adhesive cork on the bottom.  I have given several as gifts and they've been well received.  The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Trio of Something inspired me to post a picture of three of my coasters.  For these, I applied two different scrapbook papers (green base and strip with flowers), then I stamped on them using an old Close To My Heart stamp set.  I love the sentiment on these coasters!












No comments:

Post a Comment